Tuesday, July 13, 2010

CeCe and Leaf Yoke Tank

I am so behind in posts, that I am just going to post pictures of the two sweaters that I've finished, CeCe by ChicKnits, and Leaf Yoke Tank from Knit.1 magazine, Spring/Summer 2009.

Leaf Yoke Tank was knit in Pegasus, a yarn I bought from Elann. It's okay, but it arrived darker than what it looked like in the picture. All in all, nice yarn, not something I would have picked had I seen it in person. I'm a little unhappy with the hem, it's folded over and sewn in place, kinda bulky around the hips and takes forever to dry. Tip: when the pattern tells you to mark the row where the hem will be attached, run a lifeline through those stitches so that they're easier to find when you're working on the wrong side.


Leaf Yoke Top

Leaf Yoke Top

Leaf Yoke Top


CeCe will probably be worn to a frazzle, it's loose, comfy, and the yarn, I Love This Cotton from Hobby Lobby, is very soft and cuddly, although it does pill a bit.


CeCe

CeCe

CeCe


I am now working on a tank/tunic/dress thing that I'm adapting, having trouble meeting both the stockinette gauge and the lace gauge with my chosen yarn. It's called #10 Lace Dress from Knit Simple magazine Spring/Summer 2010.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous--both of them!!!